Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Muses ~ The Real Life Goddesses

Here are several other beautiful women - plus one mini biscuit -who have allowed me the honor of illustrating their likeness as goddesses for this book - although I won't necessarily be illustrating them in the order they appear here.

Thank you all, my lovelies!! 

And for those of you who might be all in a tittery bunch over the picture I may have chosen to post here - don't worry! These aren't necessarily the pictures I will be using for the actual illustrations.







The other goddesses on the list - which are subject to change since they seem to do that from week to week - are:

Hine-Nui-Te-Po - Maori
Erzulie - Haitian
Inanna - Sumerian
Isis - Egyptian
Kali - Hindu
Dewi Sri - Bali
Kwan Yin - Buddhist
Green Tara - Tibet
Mama Quilla - Incan
Uzume - Japanese
Sedna - Inuit
Gnowee - Australian Aboriginal
Al-Uzza - Arabian
Tlazolteotl - Aztec

3 comments:

C-Bear said...

Hey there you cute little oppossum!
Thank you so much for the honor of being one of your real life Muses.
I can't wait to see what you do with us all.
Snuffly little 'possum kisses to you,
Conni

Scribblin' 'Possum said...

Hey there Miss C-Bear!

No, truly - thank you!! And believe me, I can't wait to see what I end up doing with you all, too. Most of the time I get the nudge on who I'm supposed to do next as I'm inking the previous illustration. I trust that and go with it but I don't actually know how it's going to turn out until it starts drawing itself. I sometimes get snippets of visuals but not anything concrete. It really is like taking dictation sometimes - which makes it very interesting, to say the least... and kinda fun, I have to admit.

And having you as Mielikki feels very right... because I kept getting the nagging feeling I needed to have my friend Laurie as Skadi. Knowing you both as I do, you're totally Mielikki energy and she is absolutely Skadi!

Love you, Bisc!!

Love,
Possum Girl :)

sandy_s said...

Hi, sweetie! Thank you so much for including me in your wonderful project! :o) *HUGS you* It's so awesome that you're including women (and girls...) that you know! Hope you're having a good Sunday...